This unique take on a great holiday standard introduces the sweetness of rooibos powder to the undeniable creaminess of shortbread cookies! Enjoy!
1 tsp salt
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 tsp red rooibos powder
1) Preheat oven to 3 7 5 degrees
2) Combine all the ingredients except the rooibos powder in a bow 1 and knead together
3) Divide the dough in half; put one half aside and put the other half back into the bowl. Add the red rooibos powder and knead into dough until blended
4) Now you’ve got a red half and a white half. Taking one teaspoon from each half, roll each teaspoon out to about 4 inches long.
5) Place the two strips side by side and press them gently together. Then, twist the two strip together and arrange into a “cane” shape. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6) Repeat until all the dough is gone! Then, place the cookie sheet into the oven to bake for approximately 9 minutes.
7) Remove from the oven and set aside!
Share with family and friends!